Sunday, December 21, 2008

In the Still of the Night.

Those of you with dogs know how weird it is to come home when your dogs are out. It doesn't seem like a significant change, but when your norm is 3 dogs barrelling at you every time you come home, its absence is very apparent. Sometimes it's a peaceful change, but most of the time it's lonely.

Yesterday I worked all day and then had a Christmas party to attend directly after. So the pups had a sleepover at different friends houses. I had to split them up, because its hard getting a sitter for all 3 together! My husband is gone off to work out of town as well, so I came home to complete stillness. Very odd. Even more out of place was me sleeping in a huge king sized bed.....alone. I could spread out and roll over without fear of inhaling a dog butt.

But it's highly overrated. I'll take my train wreck greeting, and hair covered bed any day.




Insert dogs here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i think you should have arranged a sleep over somewhere too, that would be just plain creepy!!!!