Monday, April 27, 2009

My Next Dog.....

Ever started a sentence like this? I have collected 3 dogs and never once have I start a sentence like this, how bad is that? However, I have decided on what my next dog will be. But before I get my first official planned dog one of the current members will have to cross the "rainbow bridge". So in around 10 years I will have a retired racing greyhound!! and I am super excited about it! Recently a few friends and I went to a pet expo in Calgary and I met some really sweet retired racing greyhounds. I even made a list of why I want one!!

1. I love how they lean into you when you pet them

2. I love how big they are - but they don't drool

3. I love how lazy they are

3. I love their short coats

4. I love that one day I can give a retired racing dog a chance at a normal life being a part my family


My husband is quite easy going and is on board with our new future addition. He even changed my computer desktop picture (from a pissed off bunny ear wearing Boone) to this.....


I really like the tiger striped ones!

8 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

that's a great idea!!! i think it would totally fit your lifestyle...the tiger stripe is called Brindle... :o)

miradukesadie said...

Are you calling me lazy? =)

Alana said...

My Aunt has one. She loves that dog. He's currently living in Florida with her but they are coming back to Canada. He's going to freeze his butt off :) Go for the tiger striped one and then bring him into Tiger Realty to visit me :)

Bobbi said...

I was at Petsmart in Calgary one weekend and they had them there. They are super sweet!

onecollie said...

I have ALWAYS wanted a greyhound!!! It is on my top 5 loved breeds list....a retired racing one too.....maybe we'll get ours together!!

miradukesadie said...

The "tiger stiped" =) brindle should be Tiger Realty's mascot!!!

Bobbie - we saw some at the petsmart too - lots and lots of greyhounds!!!

Jo we can go together to pick one out in 10 or so years =)

onecollie said...

it's a date Sandy!....LOL!!....

Alana said...

If you can get the boss man to agree, it would be a miracle. I keep offering to paint orange stripes on Kyser but he says no. Don't understand why. LOL!