Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Bad News

The new vet just called, they reviewed the bloodwork from Mira's last surgery. Her urea was high then, which is an indicator of kidney disease. I was never told at the time. This could be because the vet who did the last surgery didn't think it was high enough to warrant further investigation. This is where knowledge can play with your psyche.  I know that these tumors grow back in dogs with underlying issues, I know the medication I have been giving Mira for her hip dysplasia is metabolized through the kidney's causing stress on them, and I know that I'm getting the new vet to run the test again. 


Good thoughts, good thoughts........

7 comments:

Lauren said...

poor Mira, poor you... we're sending good thoughts your way!

Bobbi said...

Oh Sandy, I feel for you I really do, good thoughts your may from me and my furry kids.

Bobbi said...

Oops, way, can you tell I am lacking sleep.

manymuddypaws said...

oh sandy

onecollie said...

gee Sandy.....my prayers are with you & Mira.....

Sarah said...

oh my word, i am sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you. hugs to you and Mira.

Kim said...

That really sucks!

What food is Mira eating? Some dogs that are on a higher protein diet/grain free may have higher BUN levels that are not necessarily indicative of kidney disease. I know that raw fed dogs can have higher BUN and Creatine levels and have totally normal kidney function. How were her Creatine levels?

Hopefully this was caught early and you can work out some successful treatment.