Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Second Opinion

Due to Mira's alien growing to the size of a small melon, and an unforeseen scheduling error, I am going to have a second opinion done this morning. She was suppose to have surgery this morning and I'm not very impressed that it has been pushed back to next week. It has grown outside her pad and she walks directly on the tender tumor causing her much pain and discomfort. She is limping by the end of the day.

I am super frustrated because I asked for this to be removed over a month ago and was told it would fall off. Mother's intuition I knew this thing was thriving and would most definitely not fall off and I should have pushed for surgery then. The vet was concerned that there wasn't enough skin to close the incision from the previous surgery, now that it has tripled in size, I wonder where the skin will come from?

4 comments:

onecollie said...

poor Mira....I hope you can find a solution.....

Kim said...

Poor Mira :(

i can understand your frustration, and I am a big advocate of getting a second opinion.

Sarah said...

if you don't like the second opinion, go for the third! good luck with this, i hope all goes well for her.

Paws on the Run said...

Good luck. What was the verdict with the second opinion?