Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bizarro World

First off we have been tagged by Amanda at manymuddypaws.blogspot.com to tell our stories of how we came to have our dogs.  Fun right?  Except if you follow Sarah's blog digit-fetchit-herdit.blogspot.com then you've heard my stories.  Ok maybe not exactly, but it's safe to say bizarro world strikes again.


THE DOG: Sadie
THE YEAR: 2005
I wanted a little dog that I could train while I was in transition from school to the real world.  My husband said there was one, gasp, at the petstore.  When I saw her, I thought she was a Jack Russell.  I lived with a Jack Russell while going to school and it made me cringe to see her.  But the nice petstore employee told me that she was a fox terrier, and would be much calmer then her terrier cousin the jack.   Mmmmhmmm.  She was the only one left, so we didn't have a choice and we went home with her.


THE DOG: Duke
THE YEAR: 2005
I wanted a lab all my life.  I actually wanted a yellow one named Sailor.  Dustin also wanted a lab for swimming, and hiking.  He actually wanted a black lab named Duke, I guess we know who has more pull now.  We decided to visit the Calgary Humane Society just to kill some spare time.  There was a black lab named Duke, I didn't have a choice how could I say no?

THE DOG: Mira
THE YEAR: 2007
I absolutely did not want 3 dogs.  We were fostering for a rescue in Calgary and we picked up a very strange, and shy looking mixed breed dog that I actually couldn't wait to have adopted out.  Having 3 dogs was hard work!  Then we went away on holidays and I missed my dogs of course, but I also missed my little freak as well.  Now if you read Sarah's post on how she got Gyp you might think that I am making this up.  But I kid you not the moment I quit saying she had to go was when she laid her head on Dustin's lap and looked up at him with those eyes and he said "so we are keeping her right?" and yes she is Daddy's girl hands down.

(insert creepy bizzaro music here)  

*all photo's courtesy of paws on the run photography (photography.paws-on-the-run.ca)* awesome eh?

2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

it is so funny how you and sarah's dogs are so creepily alike....

Sarah said...

it is really freaky. and freakin' funny.

maybe WE were separated at birth???