Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Begining to Smell a Lot Like.....Anal Glands

Gag me. Mira is having anal "issues". She randomly dumps the contents of her glands onto whatever she is laying on. Last night it was my bed! I had to change the sheets. I have never smelled anything so putrid in my life. For those lucky enough not to know what I'm talking about think musky decaying corpse. Enough said.

We are going to see our vet to empty them. Until then she is getting some pumpkin. I'm glad I called Amanda to see how much pumpkin to give her because I bought a 5000ml can and was just going to fill up her food dish with it! Apparently you only use like 2 tablespoonful. I wonder what would have happened............

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i would give more pumpkin that that, for mira i would give her a 1/2 cup to a cup if you really want to firm things up!!

i have two cans on hand at all times!

jane is the anal gland stink queen, i think it smells like a mix between a lit match and rotting garbage :)

i had the groomer do jane's last time - i had been taking her to the vet - it saved me lots of $$$

onecollie said...

just for your info...I can do glands!! I did Vito's for Amanda.....like Sarah says...it will save you some $$$$....just check if it's ok with Wendy....

manymuddypaws said...

sarah- she was going to give her the WHOLE can...