Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Morning Routine

I'm sure everyone has their own morning routine. Ours never varies. Sometime between 6am and 7am I hear the scratching of claws on laminate pacing from one side of the bed to the other, precisely 5 minutes after this commences I hear the whining. I'm sure if Mira could talk she would be chanting "feed me Momma, feed me Momma". If that doesn't get my attention she will jump on the bed and push her wet nose into my face and proceed the chant. Yes, I get up.

We go to the pantry with now all 3 jumping and wagging like I've been missing for years and I measure out the required amounts. Then I throw the measuring cup on the counter and go back to bed. Did you catch my error? Remember I have a food scavenging counter surfer.........

I always forget to close the pantry door!!! Every time. Seriously. So our routine continues. I hear a crumpling of wrapper, usually he goes for the breads, I'm not sure why. Then I hear the frantic scraping of feet and the sharp thud of a labbie head bounding through the dog door. This follows the sharp high pitched barking of the fun police who has her suspect in hot pursuit. Usually I chalk it up to a loss. I mean by now whatever prize he has claimed has been in his mouth, and drug through the land mine of our backyard. And it would require me getting up and going outside in the frigid morning air.

Today he choose pita wraps. So much for taco's tonight.

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

wow. sandy you rock. :o)