Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yes, they have shut down a store!

The Prairie Dog Canine Rescue had their first annual Mircrochip Clinic today. I had the very important job of spraying the "pink stuff" between appointments. It was mostly a success, with the exception of a few no shows. However, we filled them in with a little impromptu recruiting from the neighboring pet store. Sorry Julia, she got a very manly pitbull that I sent over! To kill the time between appointments the girls and I starting telling our runaway stories. This is why it is so important to have your dog mircochipped!

I remember getting a phone call from my frantic neighbor saying that the dogs had broken out of the yard and were running amuck on Whoop-up Drive, which is a fairly busy road in our little city. She said she couldn't get them back in the yard. After attempting to call friends and family to round up the crew without success I decided I had to leave. Which in any normal profession wouldn't have been a big deal, however without my humble presence in my store, the whole store has to shut down, literally. I made several attempts to get reinforcements but after contemplating the risks I told them to shut it down and was outta there! I mean really, there are several other stores in a 10 mile radius that could perform the exact same service. Fortunately when I got home, my cousin had finally rounded up the last of the crew and they were safely home. When I got back to work my boss wasn't very understanding, he said "Sandy you can't just leave" which I promptly responded with "that's funny cause I thought I just did.................."

1 comment:

manymuddypaws said...

and yet you still didn't get fired... :o)

you have to tell the story about the cows pee...