Friday, March 20, 2009

The Biggest Loser

Feb 26/09 ..... Mar 10/09

Mira -68.7 ..... 65.2 lbs

Duke - 74.5 ..... 72.7 lbs

Sadie - 17.7 ..... 17 lbs

My dogs are fat. Obese really. I don't believe it is lack of exercise as either my husband or I take them out usually every day, if not every day then every other day for sure. When Dustin takes them they come back almost dead as he will take his baseball bat and tennis ball. It's definitely the food. They were doing really well on the calorie reduced vet food, the problem was that it costs almost $100 for a 30lb bag. So I cheaped out and bought the Costco stuff. As of the Feb 26 weigh in Mira has been back on the vet food, and the others mixed 50/50 with the Costco stuff. It seems to be helping.


Today I went out to pour more the the vet food into a smaller container and it spilled all over the garage floor. Did I mention how much this food is???? All I could see was little gold nuggets dumping out before my eyes.........Guess who is "eating out" tonight?

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

that's all she lost??? she got a few more pounds to go! :o)

amanda- not wendy

miradukesadie said...

I know, but that was in less then a month! =)

onecollie said...

never mind the vet stuff...just buy a good food & feed less, easy peazy!! I pay close to $70 for my 30ILB bag every 2 weeks now, so I know how you feel about the little gold nuggets!