Monday, February 16, 2009

The God Mother's

I have a slight obsession with our untimely demise. Maybe it comes from helping with rescue and seeing dogs left homeless after their owners passing or maybe I've just watched one too many T.V. shows. Regardless, I have been determined to arrange placement for them in the event. The only problem is their placement arrangements keep changing.

Sadie was originally going to my parents, and then they adopted the devil spawned pug. Duke and Mira were going to go into our rescue and then during an adoption fair I mentioned to Amanda that Mira would have a melt down at one of these events and she said "oh ya, Mira is totally unadoptable"!! So I have decided instead to place the onus of the well being of each angel in separate God Mother's. That way they will feel tremendous pressure to either keep them or find them loving homes.

Sadie has been gifted the God Mother Amanda. And yes after the last incident I did ensure that she still in fact wanted this responsibility and she said yes! Amanda said she would probably keep Sadie, I believe she muttered something about liability issues if she adopted her out.

Mira has been gifted the God Mother Roberta. Mira has stranger, small children, and male gender issues. Roberta is perfect because she is single, lives with her sister and has no kids! She just has to remain status quo!

Duke has been gifted the God Mother Wendy. Duke loves Wendy a lot. But I suppose it would put an end to Coulee and Duke's current relationship. I believe adopted sibling love is frowned upon.

So now it's in writing ladies. That must make a binding legal contract right?

7 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

haha..we're totally on...no worries! You do know that I'd probably have to crate train Sadie though.... :o)

miradukesadie said...

Good luck with that!! I'd suggest one that is easy to clean up, completley enclosed so the poop/urine doesn't fly too far and an industrial set of ear plugs, for you and your neighbors!!!

Paws on the Run said...

I might have to remove Duke's voice box if we go for trips... either that or sedate him so I don't have to listen to him. He Amanda - you could do the same to Sadie!

Paws on the Run said...

I just informed Marlin of who we get and he asked why we aren't getting Mira. Apparently Mira has a crush on him. ;)

miradukesadie said...

lol! Mira is kind of a flousey. I'm totally going to embarass her next time! =)

and the sedation thing doesn't work with Duke....we have tried!

Lauren said...

I am constantly obsessed with this as well. I have a line-up of family and friends who will take the dogs together because I don't want to split them up!

onecollie said...

I think I would send both boys back to their breeders....hopefully they would find them good homes....but now, maybe I should finds homes closer to home!!Any takers???? LOL!!