Friday, October 31, 2008

The Brew

A few nights ago, when I got home from work the dogs did their "OMG I haven't seen you in like 8 hours" dance and routine. This followed promptly by Duke projectile vomiting across the room. Husband is laughing trying to say he is just exciting to see me. I know better. After a quick trip to the backyard I bring back an empty margarine tub. For the remainder of the evening I am serenaded by the sounds of digestion and apparently it is a very labour intensive process. I actually wish I could record it and play the sounds for the trick or treaters tonight. They would have thought we were concocting the most evil witches brew. In actuality Duke was making his own brew, and it was more evil then any witches potion!

Happy Halloween!

I can't wait to deal with the reaction of dogs who normally don't act appropriately when people come to the door. Now we get to throw in masks and small screaming children to the mix! Maybe we should pull a Wendy and turn the lights off...............

4 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

I highly recommend hiding in the basement!!!

manymuddypaws said...

or.......(are you ready)

you could put the dogs in crates...oh yeah, you don't do that.....ummmm...you could put them in the bedroom....

or just hide with the lights off like everyone else in the world.

Sarah said...

or you tie the dogs up to the front of your house, to become the "hounds of hell", they can wear really scary masks, and a little fake blood and add a severed arm or two on your sidewalk, topped off with the tape recording of Duke and his bowels - that'll keep the kids away.

It works for us. it works like a charm.

Kim said...

Sarah . . . HaHa! That is hilarious