Friday, January 2, 2009

Infected Anal Glands

Anal glands. I mean really can you think of a more useless and foul gland? Why hasn't natural selection occurred here? I suppose it has in humans, along with the tail, and I can see why. If humans had anal glands I think reproduction would come to an abrupt halt. I mean most people I encounter at work can't even keep up with the orifices that they have, could you imagine anal glands?

If you have ever dealt with anal glands I sympathize with you. If you know that they can become infected, I pity you. Imagine intensifying the smell and reducing the consistency of the discharge and you have what has been termed infection. But with diagnoses comes resolution, hopefully, in the form of a pill. More specifically Orbax 68mg. I have never heard of this drug, because as previously mentioned, survival of the fittest has eliminated the anal gland from human medicine, but I'm placing all my sanity in it's effectiveness.

If the Orbax doesn't fulfill my expectations we will proceed to more invasive measures, injection directly into the glands. And then if all else fails we will just remove them, and add to the population of dogs who have surgically evolved past this troublesome gland.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

nasty. i hope no surgery is needed - for Mira??

Jane gets some stink ass too, but so far so good.

i think Amanda's Kate had her removed??

miradukesadie said...

Yep - Mira. Poor Mira, it's always something with her =(. Sadie has had her glands removed and it went well. I'm leaning to that right now.